A straighter smile can give your confidence a real boost and offers a multitude of benefits including making teeth easier to clean, improving how your teeth fit together and addressing any eating or speaking problems.
We treat patients of all ages, from youngsters, whose teeth may not be lining up properly, to those who have always been unhappy with their crooked, gappy or overcrowded smile.
All registered children will be regularly examined by our dentists during routine check-ups and referred to our consultant orthodontist, Eirini Papadima, if possible crowding is suspected. She will assess their developing teeth and formulate a treatment plan with the help of our new x-ray equipment.
We can also help adults who are seeking an enhanced smile, advising on the best type of appliance, as well as fully explaining treatment costs and how long the process will take.
We offer conventional fixed braces, but also removable and more discreet systems such as Damon Clear braces which can prove to be a huge advantage to adults enabling them to carry on with their work commitments.
Damon Clear Braces
The subtle Damon System uses tiny but technologically advanced clear brackets and a slide mechanism to keep the wires in place. There is no need for elastics or clips, so friction is reduced, the process is more comfortable and results are quicker than conventional braces because teeth move more freely.
The benefits are clear
- Practically invisible -This discreet system boasts clear brackets and no unsightly elastics.
- Fast – Though treatment times can vary, Damon Clear can achieve great results up to six months faster than traditional braces.
- More accurate alignment – Thanks to precise positioning of the ‘barely there’ brackets.
- No tightening – These tieless braces don’t need to be tightened, meaning simpler, speedier treatment.
- Unaffected speech – Some removable aligners can make speaking a little tricky but Damon Clear has no effect on your speech.
- Fewer visits and fewer adjustments mean you won’t need to see us as often.
- Easier to keep clean – No elastics to pick up plaque and food.
- Tooth extraction rarely required – As Damon Braces realign teeth so effectively there is no need to make more space by removing healthy teeth prior to treatment.
After treatment you may have to wear a removable Damon Splint at night to stop your teeth moving back to their original position, however it’s worth remembering that the Damon system tends to offer longer lasting results.
Retainers can be a nuisance but they are essential and we will select the most suitable retainer for your particular case from the following:
- Removable retainers
- Clear ‘Essex’ retainers
- Fixed lingual/palatal bonded retainers
During any orthodontic treatment at Fairmilehead Dental Practice, you will be introduced to our experienced Oral Health Educators who will teach you lots of handy cleaning techniques to prevent any damage to your teeth and gums, and keep your oral health in great condition throughout the treatment process. Importantly, our Oral Health Educators and orthodontic nurses will recall you following treatment to check everything is settling in.
DDS Athens MClinDent Edin MOrth RCS(Edin)
GDC Number: 116017
I am really pleased to join the Fairmilehead Dental Practice team and as the newly appointed Orthodontist, look forward to offering the highest quality care to my patients. Please call the practice if you are interested in meeting the orthodontic team and Cara and Julie will arrange your free initial treatment co-ordination consultation.