Dental implants can transform the lives of patients with missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures by improving comfort and functionality, and enhancing smiles. They can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or even a full arch and are very much part of our treatment philosophy, which is ‘to preserve and enhance your natural teeth and dental health’.
The first step to beautifully restored teeth is to arrange a FREE consultation with our implant team who will discuss your requirements and start to formulate a tailor-made action plan so we can restore your teeth as effectively as possible.
We follow a proven system for planning and delivering dental implant treatment with the following stages:
- We assess and take measurements using x-rays, photographs, study casts, prototype restorations and our new state-of-the-art 3D scanner. We check everything, including the shape, colour and brightness of your teeth, so we can ensure you get the teeth you want.
- Once we have all this information, the most appropriate implants can be ordered and an appointment for surgery arranged.
- After the implant has been placed in the jawbone, we can provide a temporary dental restoration to cover the period of healing. We use the Co-Axis Dental Implant, by Southern Implants, as it helps to reduce the amount of surgery and allows for an immediate restoration rather than a removable denture option.
- At Fairmilehead Dental Practice, Dr Robertson now provides immediate restorations in the majority of his cases.
- We work very closely with Vision Dental Laboratory where skilled Senior Dental Technician, Wayne Flack, will precisely create your new smile.
After treatment it’s important to attend regular check-ups so we can check your new teeth have settled in well. Implant restored teeth are an important responsibility for both the patient and the dentist. During subsequent check-ups, we will monitor your gum health, your bite and review any changes.
If you take good care of your implants, they should last forever, and you’ll be able to enjoy a lifetime of confident smiles.
Please click here to download our Patient Advice sheet.
“Pleased with how the implant treatment went. Not as traumatic as I thought it would be. Very attentive care from all members of staff involved.”